Monday, August 22, 2011

First day of class

Today was the first day of class at WSU. I had done all the usual preparation work for a new semester of classes. In addition, I did some preparation work for my blog. I bought a small digital camera to mount on the bike. I attached it to a mini tripod that I had bought Lysa a few years back, and then I lashed the tripod and camera to one of the aerobars on my bike. Too cool! I had to tighten things up securely to handle the bumps along the road. It worked like a charm. With a 4 gb card, I get 2.5 hours of video at the lowest setting. However, the battery charge on the camera itself is just under 1.5 hours. That's not enough time to record the whole round trip. I'll keep the battery charger with me so that I can recharge the camera battery in my office.


After teaching my class, I started my ride back to Moscow. I had a beautiful tail wind heading East, so it was smooth biking the whole way. I've edited the video down to just a segment, and I've included Eric Clapton's "Broken Hearted" from his Pilgrim album. I mentioned in an earlier post that this is one of my favorite biking songs. Sit back and enjoy the music and the ride!

2 comments:

  1. I headed home at about 5:30, and I'd say it was a howling tail wind. When I got to Moscow, I decided to pick up a few things at Staples for class on Wednesday, and discovered the signal works well for crossing the highway, and the hill up to the store isn't so bad. Staples, however, doesn't have a bike rack. The manager was very helpful in letting me know how to contact corporate. I was the second person to tell him the store needed rack.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey tom, just joined your blog. great idea. it seems like it could be a good vehicle (pun intended) for getting more people on their bikes and even making some connections for people to ride over together. i remember some mornings -those grey howly windy rainy ones, when it was really hard to get motivated to get on the bike for a solo commute, but company would have been a great motivator. enjoy those cool morning rides. i'm still riding to pullman, just over and back at lunch instead of breaking it up into 2 rides. surely do miss those 6am rides with glorious cool air and no wind...ride on, my friend - stay safe out there.

    ReplyDelete